[obol] Bandon Marsh NWR 8/18/2013

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

I stopped at Bandon Marsh NWR this morning as the tide was coming in and found
an Eric Clough coming in also.  Between his observations and mine we had the
following shorebirds:

1- PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER
21- BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER
12- SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS
375- LEAST SANDPIPERS
125- WESTERN SANDPIPERS
1- RUDDY TURNSTONE
5- SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER

and of course a gull eating Peregrine which spooked the shorebirds minutes
after I arrived.  There was a nice flock of grosbeaks and tangers feeding in
the trees near the observation desk along with an Orange-crowned Warbler and
kinglets and chickadees.  The Band-tailed Pigeons were thick as usual in the
trees there.

To work!
Tim R
Coos Bay