[obol] Backyard birds

  • From: Jean Baecher Brown <jeanbb24622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PortlandAreaBirds <portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 17:04:29 -0700

This week, I finally got my feeders up in the back yard after a three month
summer hiatus.
I anticipated it would be a week or more before I had any serious takers. Well,
THAT assumption was wrong! There has been a steady stream of all my usual
winter customers and although I have not had a chance to actually count, the
numbers are not small! Two things have really caught my attention. I am seeing
a steady stream of house finches where last year they were few and far between
all winter.  Also, today the red-winged blackbirds showed up, which I thought
was a little odd. I have only seen them at my feeders in spring and then they
move on.
Finally, the goldfinches have found the sunflower heads in the garden and the
brown-eyed Susan flower seed heads..so all is well! Happy Birding!

Jean Baecher Brown
jeanbb24622@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad