[obol] Astoria white pelicans

  • From: April Lauman <amo_cowboy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:18:25 -0700

We have been waiting for the white pelicans to show up on the Columbia River
outside of Astoria and they finally have!  We spotted 7 in the water
(surrounded by many other waterfowl too small to identify with just binoculars)
from a wide shoulder along Hwy 30, about 6 miles east of Astoria and about a
mile west of the Twilight Creek Eagle Sanctuary  (46.1740655, -123.7158823).
Apparently, this is the same location they are spotted in nearly every year
while they are migrating in the spring.
April and Chris LaumanAstoria, Oregon