[obol] April 14 posts

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:37:34 -0400

Is it just my computer, or is the April 14 OBOL digest, V3 #125, off by a year
for other obolers as well? All the posts are from April 2013 instead of April
2014. I only noticed because I started reading a post from myself that I didn't
recall sending, with birds I haven't seen recently!
For April 14, 2014: waves of SANDHILL CRANES have continued north the past few
days, in flocks of 20-65. I am close enough to the Columbia River lowlands that
I can see them from my yard, spiraling up. Some fly over already high overhead,
from the south. Yesterday I put out another batch of clean crushed eggshells,
and 15 or so BANDTAILS cleaned it up in no time. Juncos disappearing,
golden-crowns looking handsome, and more bright American goldfinches arriving
daily. Evening grosbeaks up to around 20 now. At Scappoose Bay Marina, a pair
of PILIATED WOODPECKERS apparently are nesting there. Very active and vocal
along the trail.
Along a few local woodland creeks: corydalis in full bloom.
Lona Pierce, Columbia County