[obol] April Summer Lake trip

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 14:54:11 -0700

A group of us went to Summer Lake - Ft. Rock - Cabin Lake on April 24-25.
We had wind that blew all night and all day, rain showers. some sunshine,
and snow squalls.  On Friday we got to see Silver Lake appearing WHITE.

We tallied 105 species.

Highlights:

American Bittern

Black-crowned Night-Heron

White-faced Ibis - many S of Paisley

Trumpeter Swan

Wood Duck - Paisley sewage pond

Redhead - a couple S of Paisley

Swainson's Hawk - Paisley sewage pond

Ferruginous Hawk  - N of Ft. Rock

Peregrine Falcon - auto tour

Prairie Falcon - Ft. Rock

Snowy Plover - auto tour, S of Schoolhouse Lake

SOLITARY SANDPIPER - on pond behind motel, see from our deck

Marbled Godwit - auto tour, S of Schoolhouse Lake

Dunlin - auto tour, S of Schoolhouse Lake  (a first for me in Lake county)

Vaux's Swift  -- Chewaucan River, Paisley

White-throated Swift

Western Scrub-Jay -- Paisley

Pinyon Jay - Cabin Lk

Clark's Nutcracker - Cabin Lk