[obol] Ankeny Ibis remains, deepwater ponds in Salem

  • From: Roy Gerig <roygerig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:35:16 -0700

Pintail Marsh:  Like Tim's report recently, I saw 1 of the 3 WHITE-FACED IBIS
that have been there for awhile now.  This morning, same area, way out there is
a log on an island.  The Ibis are usually in that area.  There were some LB
DOWITCHERS around it (the log) and 5 G WHITE-FRONTS.
There are several deep water gravel pits in southeast Salem.  Late in the year
they host some Loons, Grebes, possibly Scoters, Red Phalarope, exotic Gulls and
other Stuff.  Mid-October on is the time to check them.  Today there was 1
HORNED GREBE, 1 WESTERN GREBE on the pond in front of Lowe's by the Salem
Airport and National Guard.  Plus some large pale gulls, I do agree with
Sohlstrom they are all one, and a RB GULL or 2.
Roy Gerig, Salem OR