[obol] Re: Accipiter

  • From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michel Kleinbaum <mlittletree@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 13:56:42 -0700

Hi -

Good photos for through a window!

First, of course is Adult.

Second, on hoop, appears to be first year (hatched 2014), but I would like
to see more of the underparts.  They should be streaked all the way down
the chest and belly.

I think the bird on the birdbath is second year (hatched 2013).  I am
basing this on the underparts pattern and color, which appear intermediate
between the red barring of adults and the brown streaking of first-year
birds.  It still has a yellow Iris - should become red with maturity.

Wayne