[obol] Re: 36th and kuebler flock, Salem

  • From: john shewey <jshewey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 21:24:29 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Thanks Patrick, I appreciate the feedback as I don't often take the Kuebler
exit. I knew I saw lots of peeps and yellowlegs in that congregation, but at 40
mph from Kuebler that's about all I could be sure of; I got the impression of
small group of dowitchers as well, but again, at 40mph...anyway, I enjoy
scrutinizing such flocks wherever they occur, whether it's late summer or late
fall, on the off chance of finding an oddball. Last week there was a "flock" of
a dozen Snipe at the south end of Mission Lake at Lowes, feeding at the
shoreline among the little scrub willows. --John Shewey