[oagitm] Personal Smart Phones on your business Network

  • From: "Wheeler Sandy C" <sandy.c.wheeler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:42:43 +0000

The Department of Consumer and Business Services is researching allowing
employees personal Smart Phones to connect to the DCBS network for email and
calendaring.   As we evaluate our options we would appreciate understanding how
other organizations addressed this issue.

(1)   Does your organization allow personal smart phones to connect to your
business network?

(2)   If so, are you using a tool to manage these devices?

(3)   If so, what tool? And how are you handling the per device cost of the
tool (if any)?

(4)   What support does your IT department provide for the personal devices?

(5)   Do you have a policy written documenting your process and policies?  If
so, would you be willing to share?

(6)   Do you limit what Smart Phone operating systems can connect?

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciate.  Thank you!!

Sandy Wheeler
Network and Infrastructure Manager
Department of Consumer & Business Services
503-947-7323