[oagitm] Re: Looking For Budget Software

  • From: Rachel Coe <Rachel.Coe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jennifer.L.Bjerke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Jennifer.L.Bjerke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:16:52 -0700

Jennifer,

Metro just went through a procurement process to purchase budget software and
is currently in the process of implementing it.

We selected  a product called "Team Budget" from Questica.  The software allows
you to create both operating and capital budgets and gives the flexibility of
allowing you to create multiple iterations of a budget, use workflow approval,
provide for creation of  'what if' and project scenarios, apply global budget
assumptions, and it has good budget to actual reporting tools.  Questica also
focuses on government and education.

Our plan is to create and approve the budget in Team Budget, load the budget
into our ERP and event management systems, expend from those locations, and
interface back to Team Budget to review and manage the budget.  We're starting
with reporting first, to give people time to adjust to the software before
creating next year's budget.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to hook you up with our project manager on
the project or provide you with some information on the product.

Rachel

Rachel Coe, MBA
Director of Information Services
Metro