[oagitm] Leased Copiers as Multi Function Machines

  • From: "Jean Ripa" <Jean.Ripa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OAGITM" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:59:43 -0800

Do any of you lease copiers and also use them fully as printers, scanners and
faxes?  We are considering moving to them in some areas and wonder about any
pitfalls.  If you do this, were you able to successfully replace other network
devices and reduce other support?  Are there issues with supporting these
machines via the third party leasing company?  Any security or technical
concerns in placing on them your networks?

Jean Ripa
Human Resources/Information Technology Director
Columbia County, Oregon
230 Strand Street
St. Helens, OR  97051
503.397.7264