[oagitm] Re: Internet content filtering

  • From: "Craig Cole" <CCole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:53:38 -0700

City of Salem is using WebSense.
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Jensen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: 4/28/2009 12:02:42 PM
Subject: [oagitm] Internet content filtering

I would like to know what kind of Internet Content Filtering system
(either hardware or software) that you may using.  Are you satisfied
with your product and would you recommend it to others.

Does anyone use WebHawk 3.0?  We are using this and we recently had to
upgrade from an older version (which worked great for us) to the new 3.0
version.  Now we are experiencing a big increase in lost packets on our
network, and we have users in our Elections & Health departments who use
Citrix applications that our now experiencing either major slowness or
not being able to log into Citrix at all.

WebHawk's technical support (Tangent) has been very dis-satisfying, to
put it mildly.

Thanks for your input!
Eric Jensen
Umatilla County CIS

--
Eric Jensen
Umatilla County Computer Information Services