[oagitm] Instant Messaging Questions

  • From: "Palacios Dan A" <dan.a.palacios@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:47:05 +0000

Our Agency is looking into Instant Messaging and we are wondering what products
are being used and how they are managed.  Any insight into policy decisions
which were involved would also be appreciated.  I will collate the responses
and distribute the document to any who are interested.

Our questions are:

* What solution did you choose?
* Is it integrated with your email system (GAL) or Active Directory?
* How much management (both human and system) is involved?  Do you delegate
user/group creation?
* Are you retaining messages for e-discovery and if so, for how long?
* What features are you implementing?
-       Favorite features
-       Features that cause issues

Dan Palacios