[oagitm] Computer crime lab

  • From: Eric Jensen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:46:01 -0700

Our sheriff's dept here in Umatilla County is looking to put together a computer crime lab. We were wondering if other counties have a computer crime lab set up, and if so, how is it set up?

1) Is the lab in a separate, private area and does it have a separate, or segregated Internet connection, so that it's not accessible to everyone?
2)  What kind of equipment do you have (hardware, software, etc)?
3) Is the crime analyst a sheriff-trained employee or is it a member of your computer department trained in computer forensics?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Eric Jensen
Umatilla County CIS

--
Eric Jensen
Umatilla County Computer Information Services