[oagitm] Cloud Solutions in state/local government

  • From: "McSPADEN Sean L * EISPD ADMIN" <sean.l.mcspaden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:43:49 -0700

All:

Within state government we have begun to implement Cloud-based solutions
in a variety of areas (e-recruitment, collaboration tools, email,
electronic records management, web conferencing, open data, etc.) and
earlier this year published a Software as a Service Strategy for state
government (www.oregon.gov/das/eispd/itip/saas.shtml )

In some cases, we've been able to establish statewide contracts
(available to state and local governments) - e.g. AT&T and iLinc
SaaS-based web conferencing, SOS Electronic Records Management Services
- pilot, USA.Net SaaS-based email services.

To assess the opportunity for establishing other cross jurisdictional
cloud-based services and statewide contracts that meet the needs of
state and local governments (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS - and the emerging area of
Data as a Service - DaaS) we'd welcome any information OAGITM members
can provide regarding

1.       Existing Cloud based services (solutions you/your organization
are utilizing today)

2.       Future Cloud-based services  (solutions you/your organization
believes are needed in the future)

Please send that information to:

Sean McSpaden

Oregon Deputy State Chief Information Officer

503-378-5257 (w)

503-798-1507 (c)

Sean.L.McSpaden@xxxxxxxxxxx

Regard