Re: [nvda-translations] what's a layer command and isn't there an alternative word?

  • From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 18:43:34 -0000

layer is, by instance, when you put first a bread slice, then as a second layer a cheese slice, then as a third layer a jam slice, and at last as a fourth slice a new slice of bread.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Joseph Lee
Data: domingo, 5 de Janeiro de 2014 18:33
Para: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: [nvda-translations] what's a layer command and isn't there an alternative word?

Hi,
A layer command acts like a menu. You press a command (the layer), then
press another key after this. For example, let's say we have NvDA+Z to
assign status commands such as date. After pressing NvDA+Z, one would press
D to find out date (for instance).
I think the best replacement (for languages which doesn't have the exact
wording of "layer") would be "second-level commands". Anyone can think of
other alternatives? Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph