[nvda-translations] NVDA user chat/workshop for translators

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 18:48:40 -0800

Hi all,

I'm planning an event in February where NVDA users around the world can
meet, ask questions, learn about writing add-ons or contribute translations
and so on. The details are as follows:

.         Date: either February 8, 15 or 22.

.         Location: to be announced (either via Talking Communities or
TeamTalk).

Features:

.         A user chat where NVDA users around the world can meet and
socialize.

.         A presentation from Mick or Jamie (or both, or perhaps from Mesar
or other devs) on current state of NVDA (Mick and Jamie, I'd like to invite
you to this event, and if you want, I'd like to request a short presentation
on current status of NVDA).

.         Several workshops, with one of them focusing on translating NVDA
and a chance for users to meet us (translators) with team members talking
about the translation process. Others may include intro to writing add-ons
and a question and answer session on NvDA usage.

As for date and location, I'd like to "get started early" - please spread
the word, and could you ask that responses be given by January 15-17th so we
can plan the event and find a decent location? Thank you.

Hope to see you at the event.

Cheers,

Joseph