Re: [nvda-translations] current navigatior object

  • From: access@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:48:49 +0300

Yes, I agree that the name of the feature is "object navigation" and that the object that is being pointed is the "navigator object" which can be a button, an edit field etc. So, "current" is mainly used to show that the "navigator object" is not a static object but something that changes.

However, to be consistent, "current" should be used in front of every occurrence of "navigator object" in the user guide and nvda.po, shouldn't it?

Quoting Peter Vágner <peter.v@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,
This is a bit tricky. Of course there is just one facility doing the object navigation. However we tend to say current navigator object referring to the object where object navigation is currently pointing to. So in practice curent navigator object is really an object such as button, edit field etc... not a feature.

Greetings

Peter

On 30.5.2012 23:45, access@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there any reason to say "current navigator object" instead of "navigator object", since there is only one navigator object in any time?