Re: [nvda-translations] I cannot save the structure in translation lineby line.

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:37:05 -0800

Hi,
I think I should document this on Wiki page (not today, perhaps tomorrow): * Keep checking diff file to see where your lines, tables, lists and paragraphs are at in relation to English user guide. Usually, keep the line numbers as close to English as possible.
* If you see something like:
en 11.13.  Start 1500
and
ru 11.13; start 1498
This means that the Russian file's section 11.13 starts above English version. If this happens, putting in two blank lines before start of the section mentioned should help. In contrast, if you see something like:
en 11.13.  Start 1500
and
ru 11.13.  Start 1503
This would indicate that you might have put too much blank lines (between sections, you should put one blank line).
* If you see something like:
en 11.13.  Start 1500 paragraphs: 2
and
ru 11.13.  Start 1500 paragraphs 4
This indicates that you might have split one or more paragraphs. Try to keep paragraph numbers on par with English text (in some languages, this cannot work well). In contrast, if you see:
en 11.13.  Start 1500 paragraphs 2
and
ru 11.13.  Ststt 1500 paragraphs: 1
This would indicate that you may need to split paragraphs.
In our discussion, a "paragraph" is a body of text surrounded by blank lines (at the beginning and at the end).
Cheers,
Joseph