Re: [nvda-translations] Clarify please

  • From: Takuya Nishimoto <nishimotz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 00:47:27 +0900

Hello,

2012/9/1 DINAKAR T.D. <td.dinkar@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Team,
>
> Kindly clarify the following strings in nvda.po:
>
> 1. Native input

As far as I understand, 'native' means native language for the user,
not for the computer.
For the users who do not use input method, native input is Latin
alphabet keyboard itself.
For the users who use Japanese input method, native input means
Japanese input system.

> 2. Report changes to the &reading string

Input methods have state transition model as follows:

(1) initial state
(2) editing reading string (on the spot)
(3) candidate selection (composition window)

At the second state, reading string consists of characters which
correspond to the pronunciations.
The meaning of this option is to announce the typed characters or
transliterated characters representing syllables during the second
state.

> 3. {language} - {layout}

Windows can have more than one input methods for one language.
So input methods can be described as the language and the name of the
system itself.

> 4. {symbol} as in {description}

At the third state as mentioned above, some systems describe the
candidates in this way.
For Latin characters, something like 'a as in alpha', 'b as in bravo',
'c as in charlie', and so on.

--
Takuya Nishimoto