[nvda-addons] Re: rather strange experiment

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 07:51:52 -0400

try this espeak variant its attached. I still need answers on how do change voice head size and how to change intonation in variant files. if that can be done.

On 9/28/2014 4:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account BY wrote:
As has been said though, you are assuming we want an Eloquence sound alike. Ideally we want a configurable voice that can be tweaked to sound the best of anyone. I have never used Eloquence as a default voice in anything. I have used it when forced to but I find it very nasal and has a lisp. I'm not criticising it at all, its just the way I hear it. In other messages you mention making it American, but there is also a British sounding eloquence. I cannot understand the American one. I suggest that the Speech player, above all else needs more configurability, not just set pieces.

I may download the try build later on, but I do tend to find the Klat method a bit grainy compared to espeak.
Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-