[nvda-addons] Re: RFC (add-on template merge): merge next branch into master at once or cherry-pick just the needed branches?

  • From: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:59:12 +0100

It just has been.
 Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Lee
  To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:31 PM
  Subject: [nvda-addons] RFC (add-on template merge): merge next branch into
master at once or cherry-pick just the needed branches?

  Hi, mostly for Mesar, Rui and template writers:

  For the add-on template, I plan to merge our recent work into master the day
NVDA 2014.3 is released (which could happen any time now). But before I do it,
I'd like to get any comments regarding which branch to merge:

  ·         Merge addonTemplate/next into master at once.

  ·         Cherry-pick various branches into master, one at a time.

  Here, cherry-pick means merging specific commits from one branch to another.
I'd vote for the first strategy as next branch contains all the necessary work
and makes merging easy. I do understand that second option might be a bit
better as we can test individual commits to locate critical issues before the
template can go live.

  Thanks.

  Cheers,

  Joseph