[nvda-addons] RFC (add-on template merge): merge next branch into master at once or cherry-pick just the needed branches?

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 08:31:23 -0700

Hi, mostly for Mesar, Rui and template writers:

For the add-on template, I plan to merge our recent work into master the day
NVDA 2014.3 is released (which could happen any time now). But before I do
it, I'd like to get any comments regarding which branch to merge:

*         Merge addonTemplate/next into master at once.

*         Cherry-pick various branches into master, one at a time.

Here, cherry-pick means merging specific commits from one branch to another.
I'd vote for the first strategy as next branch contains all the necessary
work and makes merging easy. I do understand that second option might be a
bit better as we can test individual commits to locate critical issues
before the template can go live.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph