[nvda-addons] More on the goldwave mystery.

  • From: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 12:00:44 -0000

The log below seems to show that once the error has been triggered in the machines in question, the other functions start to misbehave as well. It seems though that on a static page, with no activity one can interrogate the parameters, and drop markers and the system works, its only when its dynamic as below that it starts to fall apart. I'm sure you know this, but if you choose to display controls on the top, you lose the functionality of the add on. In the release version of nvda the errors seem never to occur as mentioned, however I was wondering if there is some difference in the co ordinates system used by the release version of nvda and the current snaps. This could be feeding variable info to the add on making it unsure of where the items actually are as the sound windows is constantly updating all the time. Did I not read that some changes had been made in nvda quite recently to cover a bug in co ordinates. Of course, I cannot find it in the change logs, but then I'm not sure what I am looking for exactly.

NVDA initialized
DEBUG - core.main (11:45:31):
entering wx application main loop
IO - speech.speak (11:45:31):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'GoldWave']
IO - speech.speak (11:45:31):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'real love.wav']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:45:36):
Input: kb(desktop):control+NVDA+1
IO - speech.speak (11:45:36):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Selected channel: stereo']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:45:47):
Input: kb(desktop):space
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:45:51):
Input: kb(desktop):control+a
IO - speech.speak (11:45:51):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Select all']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:45:52):
Input: kb(desktop):space
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:45:56):
Input: kb(desktop):]
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (11:45:56):
error executing script: <bound method SoundWindow.script_dropFinishMarker of <appModules.goldwave.SoundWindow object at 0x03D1C9D0>> with gesture u']'
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "scriptHandler.pyc", line 176, in executeScript
File "C:\nvda extra\userConfig\addons\goldwave\appModules\goldwave.py", line 123, in script_dropFinishMarker
IndexError: list index out of range
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:46:01):
Input: kb(desktop):control+NVDA+1
IO - speech.speak (11:46:01):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Selected channel: Channel information unavailable']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:46:06):
Input: kb(desktop):control+NVDA+2
IO - speech.speak (11:46:06):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Track length is unavailable. Please close and reopen the audio track.']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:46:08):
Input: kb(desktop):control+NVDA+3
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (11:46:08):
error executing script: <bound method SoundWindow.script_announceAudioSelection of <appModules.goldwave.SoundWindow object at 0x03D1C9D0>> with gesture u'ctrl+NVDA+3'
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "scriptHandler.pyc", line 176, in executeScript
File "C:\nvda extra\userConfig\addons\goldwave\appModules\goldwave.py", line 229, in script_announceAudioSelection
IndexError: list index out of range
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (11:46:14):
Input: kb(desktop):control+alt+r
INFO - core.main (11:46:15):
Exiting

The fact remains, however if this is the case, why do some machines still work on the snapshots?
Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-