[nvda-addons] Re: Lowering barriers to add-on submission and maintenance

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:35:38 +0100

OK. I think that, if we take care about harmful code, these guidelines can benefit the community. I will be very happy if we can include in particular Speech Player in eSpeak, which perhaps could benefit people who can't hear normally.

Thanks.

El 30/01/2015 a las 4:50, James Teh escribió:
Hi Noelia,

Thanks for your thoughts. Replies inline:

On 30/01/2015 1:22 PM, Noelia wrote:
Hi, I think we need improve the add-ons quality as far as possible, and
our revision should cover code optimization if we can.
I'm not suggesting that reviewers can't make suggestions and even
provide patches if they wish. I'm suggesting it shouldn't be a
requirement for reviewers to do this, nor should it be a requirement
that these changes be made in order to have the add-on listed. At this
point, NV Access isn't bothering to list some potentially useful add-ons
on the site (Festival, Newfon, speechPlayerInEspeak, etc.) because the
process is just far too onerous. If even we are shying away from using
the repository, that is not a good sign.

Again, reviewers would still of course be welcome to contribute to
others' add-ons and maybe even take over maintaining them. My point is
that it should not be a requirement, only something you choose to do.

Thanks,
Jamie

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.