[nvda-addons] Re: Lowering barriers to add-on submission and maintenance

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:50:47 +1000

Hi Noelia,

Thanks for your thoughts. Replies inline:

On 30/01/2015 1:22 PM, Noelia wrote:
Hi, I think we need improve the add-ons quality as far as possible, and
our revision should cover code optimization if we can.
I'm not suggesting that reviewers can't make suggestions and even provide patches if they wish. I'm suggesting it shouldn't be a requirement for reviewers to do this, nor should it be a requirement that these changes be made in order to have the add-on listed. At this point, NV Access isn't bothering to list some potentially useful add-ons on the site (Festival, Newfon, speechPlayerInEspeak, etc.) because the process is just far too onerous. If even we are shying away from using the repository, that is not a good sign.

Again, reviewers would still of course be welcome to contribute to others' add-ons and maybe even take over maintaining them. My point is that it should not be a requirement, only something you choose to do.

Thanks,
Jamie

--
James Teh