[nvda-addons] Re: Idea for Dropbox

  • From: Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 12:53:24 +0530

Hi,
I feel that NVDA + Shift + D double press should announce the Dropbox
version. Since this feature has already been implemented, and doesn't
seem to pose any additional drawbacks/challenges, it may come in handy
some times. Is there any specific benefit/positive impact the removal
of the version announcement keystroke would introduce?
Some other bugs/issues (sorry if I've reported them before, I don't remember):
* NVDA + Shift + D triple press does not always activate the Dropbox
menu. Instead, it simply says 'Taskbar' and stops. It fails more often
than it succeeds...
* When in situations NVDA + Shift + D does perform the desired action,
you need to additionally press Enter to open the Dropbox menu, as is
instructed. Since that window seems to contain no other information
except the instruction to press Enter to open the Dropbox menu, I
propose directly opening the Dropbox menu instead of presenting such a
message.
* When you press Enter and then exit the Dropbox menu, your focus goes
to an empty window named 'Tray Icon window', which automatically
disappears as you Alt Tab away from it.
Hope the above may be taken into consideration...
For your information, I am using NVDA 2014.4 stable, Dropbox version
3.0.3 and Dropbox add-on version 3.1.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya