[nvda-addons] Re: Add-on Floating Around For Windows Live Mail 2009 to 2012

  • From: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:42:07 -0000

The main problem with live mail are those weird to cc bcc fields that do not give you any confidence you have in fact got the right email or emails in. the auto complete is very flaky on the contacts. the problem I have is when I want to forward an email and bring up the contacts list. In outlook express it was damned obvious what you had done but due to strange fields and missing some text its a big gamble in live mail.
Quite how this could be fixed is not clear to me.
Other issues are that when you say, click on an email link it is most likely to generate an email on the default account, sadly Live mail does not change the footer if you then make the email come from the account you want it to in the combo box, resulting in confused recipients in some cases.

The other main failings of live mail are the inability of nvda to read many of the alerts and info boxes without going into a navigation mode, and the apparent lack of firing an event that keeps folders and emailed inboxes up to date in the main tree view, meaning one has to wiggle the cursor keys about to find where you are as its always one selection behind where you actually are as you scroll. Even to the point where you drop into a message list and it announces that last message list till you scroll again.

Sadly all of these issues are in fact failings in Live mail itself, though the non reading alerts and the oddball fields might have a fix that could be applied, the underlying program is a step back from Outlook express in many ways.
I had hoped the recent hack of Outlook express for Windows 7 might have worked, but sadly it seems that the message read window now has no access at all, appearing blank to nvda.
Brian