[NTA HRC] Neil deGrasse Tyson to speak at NASA LaRC

  • From: "Yolanda L. Hinton" <Yolanda.L.Hinton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ntahamptonroads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:27:31 -0400

The November 2 Colloquium at NASA LaRC will feature noted Astrophysicist and Director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York, Neil deGrasse Tyson speaking on "America's Future in Space and PBS NOVA series 'Origins'", which he hosted and was first broadcast September 28-29.

In addition, a book he recently co-authored, Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution, is available in the Exchange Shop. This book "presents evidence that our true origins are not just human, or even terrestrial, but actually cosmic." Retail price is $27.95; Exchange Shop price is discounted to $18.50. Mr. Tyson will sign books after his lecture on Tuesday, November 2. To guarantee you get a signed copy of this exciting book, purchase it in advance.

Dr Tyson is featured at http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/physics/tyson_neildg.html, Astronomers of the African Diaspora, and was selected as one of the 50 Most Important Blacks in Research Science 2004, http://www.blackengineer.com/artman/publish/article_283.shtml

For more information on the Colloquium, visit http://shemesh.larc.nasa.gov/Lectures/OldColloq/c-041102.htm
For more information on Dr. Tyson, visit http://research.amnh.org/users/tyson/

I encourage all of you to attend the Colloquium and meet Dr. Tyson. I'm looking forward to it.

Yolanda