[NTA] Internship - NASA Langley Aerospace Research Summer Scholars (LARSS) Program

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D330)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:05:40 -0600

<Forwarded message>

Hello,

My name is Debbie Murray and I am the Program Coordinator for the NASA Langley
Aerospace Research Summer Scholars (LARSS) Program.  The NASA LARSS Program is
managed in partnership with NASA, the National Institute of Aerospace and the
Virginia Space Grant Consortium.

The LARSS Program is one of NASA's most prestigious and successful student
research programs, having recently ranked among the top ten best internships in
the nation. Designed to bridge the gap between academic concepts and real-world
experience, LARSS creates opportunities for students to come to NASA Langley
Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, Virginia to conduct robust research and work
on exciting projects while working side-by-side with NASA's finest scientists
and engineers.

LARSS is a year-round (3 sessions) paid, research internship program for
undergraduate and graduate students that provides real research experiences in
the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) as well
as in business, communication, marketing, and other areas that support NASA's
mission. Most majors accepted! The LARSS program hosts over 200 interns
annually.
I would like to ask that you share our information with your faculty and
students so that they may have an opportunity to apply.  The application is now
up for our 2013 summer session with a deadline of Feb. 1, 2013.
I have attached our recruitment flyer, which provides many of the program
specifics.  The website is http://www.nianet.org/larss.  As indicated, the
program is mostly STEM based with opportunities for special project areas in
non-STEM disciplines as well.
We invite all eligible students to apply and encourage female students,
under-represented minorities, college students with disabilities, military
veterans, first-generation college students, and students from
economically-disadvantaged backgrounds to apply.
Eligibility requirements include:
US Citizenship
Full-time status at an accredited US college or university
Classification as a rising undergraduate junior, senior, or graduate student
(Masters or doctoral level), by the start of the summer session
Cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
We also have a LARSS Bridge component, which allows early application for
rising high school seniors, undergraduate freshmen and sophomores to apply if
they have a 3.5 GPA and previous NASA program experience.  This experience can
come from many areas including but not limited to any NASA OSSI-SOLAR Program,
INSPIRE, SHARPE, VASTS, CHROME, NASA Governor's School, Space Camp, USRP,
ACCESS, MUST, NASA Robotics, NASA Volunteer Services, and any documented time
worked on a NASA grant/contract/cooperative agreement with a faculty member
that equates to a minimum of 40 hours.
I look forward to hearing from you and receiving applications from your
students.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  My contact info is
below.  My Program Assistant is Sarah Pauls
<Sarah.E.Pauls@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Sarah.E.Pauls@xxxxxxxx>>.  Please cc her on any
messages so that one of us may respond in a timely manner.
Regards,
Debbie Murray

Debbie Murray,  *NASA LARSS Program Coordinator
Virginia Space Grant Consortium
E-Mail: Deborah.B.Murray@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Deborah.B.Murray@xxxxxxxx>
NASA Langley Research Center
Mail Stop 400                         Phone:  757-864-5215
17 Langley Blvd., Room 219            Fax:  757-864-6763
Hampton, VA  23681-2199
--

[cid:image001.gif@01CDEE93.EF56AA90]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

GIF image