[NTA] FW: African Americans of the Gulf Coast say "BP has violated Human Rights."

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:32:21 -0500

From: AMY T BILLINGSLEY [mailto:amytate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:30 PM
Subject: Fwd: African Americans of the Gulf Coast say "BP has violated Human
Rights."

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 26, 2011 12:14:02 PM EDT
Subject: African Americans of the Gulf Coast say "BP has violated Human Rights."

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Art Rocker-Community Activist
<kingart43@xxxxxxx<mailto:kingart43@xxxxxxx>>
Date: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Please see attached Press Release in body of email as well as attached with
photos.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
SUBJECT:  African Americans of the Gulf Coast say "BP has violated Human
Rights."
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 26, 2011

WHO: National Leadership Group for the underserved and underrepresented in the
Gulf Coast Region affected by the BP Oil Spill include Dick
Gregory-Comedian/Actor and Civil Rights Activist, National Chair for the
National Congress of Black Women, Inc. Dr. E. Faye
Williams and Art Rocker-Operation People for Peace, Inc.-Chair. This group also
includes Rev. Al Sharpton and Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Jr., who a part of this
group but were not on the tour.

WHERE: Gulf Coast States; Louisiana, Florida and Alabama

WHY:  This National leadership group met with over 5,000 people including
ministers and visiting several community centers, churches and news media
outlets. This National group also held a rally concerning BP claims that have
been processed for 10,000 plus claimants of the underserved and
Underrepresented but have not yet been paid. Ken Feinberg received a Proposal
$488,500,000.00 million dollars for this group to be paid, however, Bp has
stalled payments. This group met with the key city officials of Prichard,
Alabama. That group echoed that BP has not paid claimants in Prichard, AL and
only gave the City $54,000.00 for the entire Oil Spill.  BP has given the
adjacent Counties and Cities similar to Prichard, Hundreds of millions of
dollars.  City officials vowed to travel with this delegation to London,
England to meet with BP Executives to receive settlements. City official stated
that these are Human Rights violations.

WHEN:  This tour was conducted July 18 thru July 21, 2011

COMMENTS:  Dick Gregory says "BP has violated Human Rights of all the People in
Gulf Coast Region when the BP Oil Spill occurred and to this date BP has not
paid the claimants. Art Rocker, the facilitator for the 10,000 plus claimants
says, "We are going to London, England from August 1-4, 2011 to BP Headquarters
to request for all of our claims to be paid. He goes on to say we are gathering
additional claims of 20,000 plus from the Prichard area to submit to BP for
payments. Dr. E. Faye Williams-National Congress of Black Women, Inc. said "We
are having a Congressional Hearing very soon on Capitol Hill. We have gained
the support of the Democratic Congressman and the Republican
Congressman and the announcement will be made very soon, relevant to this
Hearing." Mayor Ron Davis of Prichard Alabama stated "We have roughly, in my
opinion, about $1 billion dollars of losses in claims from businesses,
individuals, city revenue, ministers and churches. We are in the worst
depression since the oil spill devastated our area and economy.  Our revenue
has dropped tremendously, people are ill, hurting and suffering from lack of
jobs. BP has not fulfilled their promises and have specifically violated our
Human Rights."

Pictures attached from Congressional Black Caucus, Louisiana Minister Groups,
Mobile, AL community group meeting, Prichard, AL city official

For additional information, you may search "Art Rocker + Feinberg"

Art Rocker
TOPFP-Chairman
Chairman-Florida SCLC State Unit
Serve on the National Board of Directors for SCLC
Lifetime Member of the NAACP
(c) 850-450-1982<tel:850-450-1982>
(0)850-932-0559<tel:%280%29850-932-0559>

This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the
recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email. If
you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its
attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized
transmittal. Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality,
including all privileges which may apply. Pursuant to those rights and
privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its
attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your
receipt of this email. DO NOT review, copy, or rely on in any way the contents
of this email and its attachments. All rights of the sender for violations of
the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments
are expressly reserved. This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged

--
BLESSINGS ALWAYS,
Dr. E. Faye Williams, Esq., National Chair

It is through our struggles that we gain our victories. Dr. E. Faye Williams,
Esq.