[nswnra] Re: NY

  • From: G C <cozens3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 20:13:03 +1100

On 2 March 2011 18:59, judith stella <judes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi all
>
> I've been off air for a while - first away in Melbourne for a conference
> and then computer strife. But all good now.
>
> Glen I have no idea what an Obsession scope is but it sounds impressive and
> may the skies be crystal clear.

Thanks. Here is the scope
http://www.obsessiontelescopes.com/telescopes/25/index.php

> Did anyone watch the show on SBS on the solar system last night? It had a
> few scenes at the Paranal scope which looks to be in incredible
> country. They were all wearing very very warm clothes - take note Glen!

No I did not see it.  Paranal is 2600m above sea level. We will be staying
at 3800m altitude at Lake Titicaca with average temp -3C at night.
Did I say we are going to the space center In Florida on the way from South
America to NY?

> And Glen thanks for the link to  NGC1999 - was that the one when you asked
> if we could see the pink?

No the pink was M42 the Orion neb.

> I am getting a new deck on the side of the house - its only small but will
> increase the amount of sky I can see - still not much but an improvement.

It all helps.