[nswnra] Re: Do we dare plan for a get-together???

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:40:21 +1100

Thanks Rob, Thor is definitely on the list!
I saw the Ghost of Jupiter listed on the Argo tour
Monday night. I might have to wait until rises a bit
higher. I have seen it before but not with a 5mm
and O-III. This combination is making PN's a
favourite target.

Cheers, Paul.

On 02/02/2011, at 10:13 AM, Corona Australis wrote:

Yup! That’s the map I was thinking of.

Thor’s Helmet is NGC 2359. Another one to have a crack at is the Ghost of Jupiter when it is up using your OIII and 5mm. It likes magnification and on a good night
you will be rewarded.

Cheers,CS
Rob