[northwest_al] Snell/Robertson

  • From: "Sue Palmer~Elliott" <palliott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <northwest_al@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:22:23 -0500

Hello list,
I am looking for information on the Snell/Robertson/Robinson surname. My
ggggrandmother was Adeline P. Snell, born 1822 in SC and married my
ggggrandfather David Robertson, b. 1823 NC, in Shelby Co. AL 1843 and moved to
Winston Co. by 1858. David left Winston Co. in 1858-59 after his father, Elisha
died and never returned and Adeline took the children and moved to Lamar Co.
and was in the 1860 census in Marion County.(later Lamar) I found one male,
Jacob Snell, in an orphanage in Shelby Co. but cannot prove parentage or link
Adeline to him. I lost Jacob after he was released from the home after 1850.
The Snell name is not a usual one so I am looking for any Snells in AL,
particularly northern AL.
Anyone connected to a Snell line?

Thank you,
Sue