[northwest_al] Re: Civil War

  • From: BMoss69893@xxxxxxx
  • To: northwest_al@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:18:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/2003 8:58:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
sulliv812@xxxxxxx writes:

> It is a real shame that it took the loss of around 620,000 people, with
> around two thirds of them dying of disease

I have found 2 in my "family" who died of measels . They were brothers from
Lauderdale county in the Confederate Army. Their last name was Bulls. Another I
found was in Alabama 5th Cavalry. His name had never been spoken in my
family. He was my grandmother's uncle. He died 10 years before she was born.
Maybe
no one knew about him. He was captured and taken to Camp Chase, Ohio in Oct.
1864 and died there of small pox in Dec. 1864. He was Oliver C. Martin also of
Lauderdale county. I found his name in an old will. Wrote to state archives and
got all the info. Camp Chase has a web site and I found his grave stone.
Betty.