[nnasnet] FW: Hooded skunk??????

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Master Naturalist Northern Neck Chapter <nnmnemail@xxxxxxxxx>, NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 19:11:14 -0400

My friend up on Lagrange Creek, just upriver from Urbanna thinks they have a
hooded skunk!???
Check it out on Wikipedia.....shouldn't be here. But Cathy has a good eye.
I had an albino skunk by my bird feeder every night for about 2 weeks 3 or 4
years ago.
Maybe she can get a picture of it.
Maggie Gerdts

We think we may have seen a hooded skunk in our yard... He looks like a skunk
with a thick white blanket covering his back, with a solid white tail. In the
dark we can't see his nose but so good, but we have some deeper than usual
diggings.... Hooded skunks are found in Texas. Wonder how he/she got here of
all places??
we've also seen a coyote in the field in front of our house.
Cathy