[nnasnet] Bobcat on Patty's dock this morning

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 00:33:46 -0500

On Sunday, Cathy Baldwin saw this bobcat on Patty Munford's dock on the upper
reaches of Lagrange Creek which is upriver from Urbanna.  Both Cathy and Patty
have been on bird walks with us.  They are on Swanview Drive...and every year
the Tundra swans are there...sometimes in great numbers.  Last year there was a
flock of about 60 hooded mergansers in their creek.  (I had no hooded
mergansers in my cove off Robinson's Creek last year....and I have had a flock
of 12 for the last few years.)

I first saw buffleheads in my cove on Monday (after being away for 5 days).
There was a flock of 19 in the cove this morning.  There is also a pair of
hooded mergansers.  Hope they hang around.The bald eagles are hanging out
around their nest.  And my little screech owl is back roosting in the purple
martin bird house down by the dock!  This is the 3rd or 4th year he's been
here.  He seems to have a lease on apartment 1-A.

Maggie GerdtsOn Heath's Cove, off Robinson's Creek,Just upriver from Urbanna

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Steve Cathy Baldwin  wrote:

Look what we saw!  All the little merganzer ducks flew off and so he left....

Cathy