[nikonf4] Connector USB 3

  • From: Frank Armstrong <frankarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: f4 group <nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 13:55:04 -0500

Finally found what I wanted.....

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1547&sku=54176&relatedItem=true#

I purchased a new portable 500-gig Seagate "GOFlex" drive that has a USB 3 connector. The computer end looks just like USB 2 except little three pronged indicator has an "SS" before it which is the symbol for USB 3. But it was the other end which plugs into the drive that I had not seen before. It is a "micro-B" connector. The problem is the length of the cable that came with the drive -- it's only about 10" long and my new computer has a USB 3 PCIe card. I didn't have to go around to the back of the computer every time I plugged or unplugged the drive -- I needed a longer cord. So far, I've only be able to locate a 3-foot one in stock anywhere, but that's long enough.

Frank