[neuroling] apa internships in clinical psychology?

  • From: "William L. Jarrold" <billj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <neuroling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 14:16:23 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I am glad this list has come into existence!

I was wondering if people on this list would have any suggestions
for pre-doctoral internships in clinical psychology that are accredited
by the American Psychological Association. (APA)  I am particularly
interested in internships that would involve a significant
work in neuropsychology, cognitive and computational neuroscience.

I am nearing the completion of my PhD in Counseling Psychology at
the University of Texas as Austin and have focused on neuropsychology.  I
have more than 10 years experience working for an artificial intelligence
company doing mostly knowledge engineering but also some software
engineering.  My B.S. degree is in Cognitive Science from MIT.

In the longterm, I want to work in between AI and neuropsychology, I
think there are numerous ways that these two fields can cross-fertilized
each other.

Thanks,

Bill