[networkku] Taz and Zenob -- Final trial strats

  • From: "PAUL HUSE" <HUSE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:18:46 -0600

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2209

Last trial:

Alla info: You start in a room with 3 exits. To the left and right are
two little cubbies down some stairs and behind is a stairway up.
Basically, 4 mobs spawn, razorbeasts hit for 360 max, stone guys hit for
450. Approach it like the other trial where you mez them all and target
one to kill. Approximately 40 seconds after spawn an untargetable mob
called Scourge of XXXX spawns and will agro and hit for 208 max I
believe. When this spawns, 3 spirits spawn, one upstairs and one in each
of the two cubbies. If you kill these three spirits, the Scourge
despawns. Once Scourge is down, finish killing the 4 mobs to complete 1
wave. When the next wave spawns, send your killer upstairs to prepare
for the spirit. Rinse and repeat this tactic through the first 3 waves.
On the fourth wave, DO NOT kill all 3 spirits until all of the 4 mobs
spawn. You will have to deal with Scourge while killing the 4 mobs,
however when you kill the 3 spirits, the boss named "Lashman Azakal"
will spawn, regardless of if the 4 mobs are up or not.

MMR info: You start in a room with 3 exits. To the left and right are
two small cubbies down steps and a third up some steps behind you. Four
mobs spawn and we dual-tank / DS / nuke them down quick without mezing.
When Scrourge spawns, Migue goes to the rear (/snicker) cubbie, Taz goes
L and Zenob R and we bring them back and kill the 3. Repeat 4 times and
ignore the 4th wave warning. Taz/Mckellen on boss and Zenob will finish
whatever mobs are still up. Unsure if waves are timed like exec or
chain-spawn like flame trial. Either way, we're done under 10 minutes.

This one is more complicated than the 10-word summaries we had for the
other 4 trials, so I am sending this to everyone. To be honest, if you
have a slower, tank, cleric and decent DPS, all of the trials can be won
the first time you try them without much pre-instruction. We learned a
few of them from scratch basically - and won without any problems. The
stoning one gave us a bit of concern when all the mobs went to eat Rut
on the last wave.

--
MMR