[networkku] Re: Nostalgia

  • From: PAUL HUSE <HUSE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:59:06 -0500

Very funny, Teremont. I forget how cool we were back in the day.

For those that don't know...

Mraq is a RL friend of Moo/Ninel/Migue/Snyyder... guy in IT at the Univ that
basically was paid to play EQ for 2 years. /snicker.  He eventually made a
bard by the name of Noch. Noch and Mraq retired and were transferred to
Zenob who quickly proved to everyone that assuming a 60 level bard and
understanding the songs is a far cry from a sexy gnome. Zenob split the
toons and prospered in the sale of the bard to some fool that has left him
dormant at 60 since then. Mraq is the fabled EE donor for all the KU that
were in SA needing VT keys. No word on who was the hand in the Mraq puppet.

Ghak was a troll warrior and GL of IOOT. He also played some gnome wizard
that died more than tinkle, hocuspocus and mckellen combined. It was
considered amazing for him to make it to level 41. Ghak retired early for
homefront security reasons and most of IOOT spread to the winds.

Xemp would later in life be known as Corbon. Corbon did a bone-head move and
at 65 with top-end ssra gear and epic, moved buck naked to FV server. Two
months later Sony announced a $75 option for transferring servers with your
gear. Xemp/Corbon continues to play more than all of us combined as a rogue
with a warrior and a sham bot I believe.

Snyyder is the legendary derf warrior who was IOOT, KoE and SA. Gagik was
his padewon and later both were consumed by the dark side of addiction.
Snyyder was sold to some gimp TS monk who moved him to another server and
then quit the game. /sigh...

Most of IOOT were employees at Anheuser-Busch (St. Louis) while a nice
handful were from a local Baptist University (interesting combo... beer and
Baptists)... while the lone Teremont hailed across the state where they just
installed touch-tone phones and 14.4 models were all the rage.

-----
I wish I remembered my password. There was some funny stuff and some old
memories locked away there. I may bug Ghak for the infoz.
-----

If KU peeps want another look at a goddess in uber-gear-glory...
http://eq.crgaming.com/players/view_profile.asp?Id=71323

=)

Thanks for the moment, Teremont.

--