RESOUR> Knowledge Transfer Center

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:42:16 -0500

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

Date:         Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:27:53 -0400
From: EDTECH Editor-Eiffert <edadmin5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Knowledge Transfer Center
To: EDTECH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Judy Seal <Judy.Seal@xxxxxxx>

This is a reminder that the U.S. Department of Energy Carlsbad Field Office
(DOE/CBFO) makes 31 training material packages available to businesses,
government agencies, educational institutions, non-profits, consultants,
students, and citizens at no cost to recipients through a federal knowledge
sharing program:.  We transfer government-developed educational and training
materials to U.S. educational institutions, businesses, governmental
agencies, and non-profit organizations at no cost to recipients.  The
program is designed to help ensure that taxpayers receive maximum return on
investment for CBFO training and educational expenditures.  Since 1995, we
have completed over 30,000 transfers to U.S. organizations, ranging from Ivy
League schools and Fortune 500 companies, to high schools and small
businesses.  We currently have over 34,000 registered users.  Our materials
include the following:

+ Instructor, educational leader, manager, and general employee training
needs analysis tools
+ Grantwriting course packages (lesson plans, student guides, handouts)
+ 35+ self-paced management training modules
+ Technical writing, training, and safety manuals
+ Computer-based training courses

We currently have over 100,000 pages of material available.  To obtain
materials at no cost, please visit the Knowledge Transfer Center website:

http://www.t2ed.com

The site contains a list of materials; usage terms and conditions; an online
application for requesting materials; user feedback, and download center.
Upon receiving applications, we obtain approvals, and then send applicants
usernames and passwords so they can download the materials in their choice
of formats (MS Word; MAC Word; Acrobat, etc.).  Once the request is approved
and materials received, recipients have non-exclusive intellectual property
rights to the materials, meaning they can copy them, distribute them to
colleagues and students -- even commercialize them.

Judy Seal
Judy.seal@xxxxxxx <mailto:Judy.seal@xxxxxxx>
Knowledge Transfer Center
http://www.t2ed.com

MOTIVATE TEACHERS TO USE THE INTERNET
If you want to learn about how to play on the net,
this is where to start. Don't know how to turn on your
computer? Hate this stuff? Is this is totally freakin' you out?
Then You're one of us :-) Playing around is the key to learning.
relax, you can start here, we take baby steps.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Reasons_to_play_here.html>
Please include your name, email address, and school or professional
affiliation in each posting.

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

ADVERTISE REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET

GET FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES