RESOUR> [DIG_REF] Updated Online Government Resources re Iraq

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:58:00 -0500

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

From:         Grace-Ellen McCrann <gemscot@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      [DIG_REF] Updated Online Government Resources re Iraq
To:           DIG_REF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Everybody,

We've updated our bibliography of online government
information and documents about Iraq on the City
College website and I hope you will find it useful.

Our page is called "Government Views of Iraq" and
can be found at:
http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/library/Divisions/Government/Iraqbib.html

The site is a bibliography of online primary
resources about Iraq and concentrates on Government
documents and information. While the bulk of the
resources are from the United States, (I am,
after all, the Chief of the Government Documents
Division!), there are resources from Britain,
other Allies and the United Nations as well.

The sort of resources covered include Congressional
Hearings and Resolutions, Federal Agency reports,
transcripts of press conferences and the CENTCOM
briefings, USAID Fact Sheets, Legislation,
Presidential Communications, United Nations
Security Council Resolutions, etc.

Topics covered include general background
information, the Sanctions imposed upon Iraq in
1990, as well as the subsequent Oil-for-Food
Programme agreed to by the United Nations
Secretariat and Iraq, the Geneva Conventions and
Protocols, Energy Resources, Health, Human Rights,
Inspections, Legal Resources, Maps, Religious
Freedom, Reconstruction and examples of the
Leaflets dropped over Iraq by Coalition aircraft
before hostilities began.

I try to update it frequently and I plan to
continue to do that.

Kind regards,
Grace-Ellen

Grace-Ellen McCrann
Chief, Government Documents Division
The City College of New York
Cohen Library, NAC Building, Room 2/305
138th Street & Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
(212) 650 5073
gemscot@xxxxxxxxx

TEACHING TO STATE STANDARDS
Are your school districts trying to teach to the state standards?
Find out what standards there are for teachers and administrators.
Who sets the standards and how to improve achievement.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Teachers/standards.html>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

ADVERTISE REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET

GET FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES