K12> Arts Olympiad

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:29:12 -0500

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

Every four years the International Child Art Foundation (ICAF) organizes
the children's "Arts Olympiad," which starts with worldwide art
competitions and culminates in the world's largest international children's
celebration in Washington, DC.
The theme of the current competition, Me in the New Millennium, invokes
vitally important issues for children: "How do I see myself?" "How do I
want the world to see me?" "What do I want to change?"

Competition Entry Requirements
Age: 8 to 12
Medium: Paintings or drawings in any two-dimensional medium
Size: 18" x 24" (45cm x 60cm) approximately
Theme: Me in the New Millennium
Deadline: April 30, 2003

Mail to:
International Child Art Foundation, 1350 Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington,
DC 20036, USA

Schools: Teachers select one representative artwork per school, involving
students in the selection process as much as possible. Please send the
representative artwork to ICAF with a completed Artwork Submission Form.

Homeschoolers: Send your artwork directly to ICAF with a completed Artwork
Submission Form.

Art Clubs, Libraries and Youth Organizations: Organizers select one
representative artwork, and send it to ICAF with a completed Artwork.

International Students and Teachers: Please e-mail to olympiad@xxxxxxxx
Submission Form:   Download an Artwork Submission Form below:

English Versions:
ArtWork Submission Form (PDF Format)
ArtWork Submission Form (HTML Format)

Spanish Version:
ArtWork Submission Form (HTML Format)

German Versions:
Teilnahmeformular (PDF Format)
Teilnahmenbedinungen (PDF Format)

If you have any questions, please call us at (202) 530-1000 or send an
email to olympiad@xxxxxxxxx Please don't wait for the deadline! Early
entries have a better chance of being featured in our ChildArt magazine,
UNICEF's children's art calendars and on several Websites, including
http://www.icaf.org.

Winners to meet in Washington, DC

The National Mall, Washington, DC (September 9-11, 2003)

Commemorate the past, celebrate the future!Come meet and interact with some
of the most creative and imaginative children in the world! Activities on
The National Mall are open and free to the public. Enjoy arts and crafts
and educational workshops. Bring your children or students.

Festival Schedule (11:00am to 5:00pm)
September 9 Mother Earth Day
Environmental education and arts on nature

September 10 Childrenâ??s Wellness Day
Health education and arts of self-expression

September 11 Childrenâ??s Peace Day
Peace education and collaborative arts and crafts

On Sept 11, join the children at 10:02 am for a moment of silence for the
victims of terrorist attacks in the United States and terrorist attacks
anywhere in the world.

Setup on The Mall (9/9 through 9/11)
a) Exhibition on the Mall The Me in the New Millennium Exhibition of
winners' artwork

b) The Festival School creativity and educational workshops

c) Creativity Tech-Center state-of-the-art creativity software and online
programs

d) Arts & Crafts Studio hands-on creative activities and handicrafts

e) World Stage for Children performing arts by exceptional local and
foreign children groups

f) World Cultural Exposition displays of creativity and cultures of
selected nations
Help us transform The National Mall into a multidisciplinary and
multicultural venue for arts learning and global education. The
festivalâ??s main objective is to showcase childrenâ??s creativity and
imagination and demonstrate the important role that children and the arts
play in promoting cross-cultural and international understanding and
cooperation.

http://www.icaf.org/Adults/Festival_2003.htm
ICAF, 1350 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036
202 530-1000

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
Guavaberry Books
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/GuavaberryBooks/Domino/_DOMINO_.html>
Traditional Children's Songs, Proverbs, and Culture U.S.V.I.
Funk Brothers - Music Books
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/culdesac/Stars/fbBooks.html
The Educational CyberPlayGround
<http://www.cyberpg.com/>
7 Hot Site Awards
New York Times, USA Today , MSNBC, Earthlink,
USA Today & Best Bets For Educators, Macworld Top Fifty
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY