[USS Vanguard] OoC: Update

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:32:08 -0800 (PST)

From the end of the Carillon mission, I've decided to take us two years
into the future.

Santos is in command of Starbase Brigadoon, where Vanguard makes its
home port. Zena Quetan has been promoted to the rank of captain and is
in command of the Vanguard. Cynan Mandrake is no longer second officer
of the Vanguard in a back story that, I hope, Mark will reveal for us.

A few changes that you will notice if you look at the personnel pages
on the Web site:

http://ncv80221.net/personnel.htm

Kieran Darkwater and Dr. Jaav E'thexx are the new Chief Science Officer
and Chief Medical Officer, respectively, reflecting changes since Mel's
character, Quetan, is now a captain and soon to be executive officer of
the Vanguard, and we've bid farewell, unfortunately, to Alexa, who
played Chief Medical Officer Dr. Droin.

We've bid goodbye to a number of inactive players, and I'm waiting to
hear from Raye (Desdemona), Andrea (Nostrova) and Alec (McCaw) about
the future of their characters.

I'm happy to say that, as far as I know, Shar, Miller and Kavan retain
their positions and ranks.

As you can see, from the number of changes and for the long interim
since the Carillon mission, I thought it best to move the game forward
to a point in the future, to explain both personnel changes and also to
give us a "fresh start," perhaps lending us a fresh perspective.

I've thought about some possible scenarios that I'll be discussing with
Mel and Mark.

In the meantime, we should be welcoming a new player in the near
future.

Thanks,

Andy (Commodore Santos)

vanguard.staff@xxxxxxxxx