[USS Vanguard] OoC: Update

  • From: Andy <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 03:23:04 -0500

All:
I'm happy to hear from Mark, Melanie and Warren (who was connected with
Gamma Fleet). Thank you! Again, if anyone knows how to contact Steve
(Darkwater), Angus (Shar) or Jonathon (E'thexx), that would be tremendously
helpful. My contact information for them seems to be outdated.

I'm hard at work on the post (and still holding out hope that we'll hear
from a few more people). To give you an idea on what to do about your
characters, present continuity will be five years from the last Vanguard
post, which involved Santos being recovered after being held prisoner by the
Romulans. I know that particular thread was never completed, but because of
the tone of those posts (Santos was held captive and brainwashed, so the
Vanguard's entire history as witnessed by Santos is suspect), this leaves
this new thread open-ended. It also gives us (particularly me) some distance
from those events so that we can touch upon them (or not), and frankly, it
really has been about five years since we did a complete Vanguard group
fiction. (Has it really been that long? It's hard to believe.) I'm curious
what our characters have been up to, and because their creators are also
five years older, maybe a little wiser, we can reflect on our characters in
a different way. In a nutshell, it's both starting anew...and picking up
right where we left off.

I'm hard at work on the post now (and taking a break to write this email so
that you don't think I've forgotten), and as I begin, Dominic Santos is on
board a starbase--his new post--and anxiously awaiting the crew of the
Vanguard for their annual reunion.

I'm glad you decided to take one more spin with me. I hope it will be worth
your while.

Your friend,

Andy

vanguard.staff@xxxxxxxxx