[ncsc-moths] Re: Plume Moth

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:20:44 -0400

Paul,
  I spent some time this morning looking at plume moths on MPG and BugGuide
in an effort to pin down (notice the nomenclature!) a December 2012 plume
month ID which I determined was probably 6234, Emmelina monodactyla, but
what struck me was how few plume moth species have pictures and information
available meaning the chances of it being a described species with no
MPG/BugGuide info exists.  On May 28, I celebrated one year of mothing, so
just a newbie here, but the picture and flight period seem to match 6093
pretty well.
Doug Allen   Inman, SC