[ncsc-moths] My Medoc Mountain micro moth mystery

  • From: Brian Bockhahn <birdranger248@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:35:03 -0400

I photographed this one while searching for damsels at a seep at Medoc
Mountain SP in Halifax county yesterday.

It appears to be 2787 Olethreutes connectum which does not show to range to
NC on BG or MPG, there are several other similar looking micros so it could
be something else or a 2787.15 or something.

Kyle's camera is way better than mine, and had I realized it was a goody I
would have asked him to get a pic, sorry for the poor quality.

Paul had just left of course, so an Elegant Trogon also showed up...you
just missed it.....

--
Brian Bockhahn
birdranger248@xxxxxxxxx