[ncsc-moths] Moth Fireworks

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 22:46:45 -0400

Carolina moth'ers,

The sheets filled up with moths over the July 4th weekend.  While my
neighbors were busy firing off multiple rounds of fireworks, I was busy
checking the sheets during one of the more exciting weekends so far this
summer.  I had about 110 species including about a dozen lifers.  I've
attached some of my favorites:

1)  Aglossa disciferalis (Pink-masked Pyralid Moth)  5512
2)  Adoneta spinuloides (Purple-crested Slug Moth)  4685
3)  Olethreutes tilianum (Basswood Olethreutes Moth)  2795

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm