[ncsc-moths] Identification help

  • From: Lois Stacey <croakie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:26:53 -0500

I have some moths from last year that I am still having difficulty identifying. I have uploaded them to the web and would appreciate any input on their identifications. I have one tentative ID on one individual, the titles of the files are the dates they were photographed.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/croakie/Moths/Unidentified/

Last night was the most active it's been here so far this year. Quite a bit of activity with several Green Clover Worm moths as well as a couple of small moths (still working on ID), an Agrostis malefida, a couple of Wdgeling Moths (new for me!) and several other things. Interestingly, there were no Phigalia, no sallows and no cankerworms. Those have been here every night when it was cold.

Happy mothing!

Lois

--
Lois Stacey